North and West Yorkshire Stage 1 applications for the SME and Kick-starting tourism grant funding close at 10am on Monday 5 October.
The government has announced new SME and Kick-starting tourism grant funding to help small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) gain access to professional support, new equipment and technology.
The grant can cover digital, legal, accountancy, HR, financial, health and safety or other consultancy advice, and minor equipment to adapt or adopt new technology to continue to deliver a business activity or diversify in response to COVID-19. Grants can cover 100% of the cost, excluding VAT.
Due to the expectation that the number of applications will exceed the funding currently available from the government, the grant application process will consist of two stages.
The form will take around 15-20 minutes to complete. Those that are suitable for the scheme will be invited via email no later than the end of October to complete the stage 2 application.
The application process will be competitive, and those that best demonstrate the following, will be prioritised by:
- a clear impact of COVID-19 on your business
- your proposed activity to address the impact
- how the proposed activity will positively impact your business through adapting products and services to meet customer needs, building resilience or minimising future business interruption
York and North Yorkshire Growth Hub cannot guarantee that every business that meets the criteria for the grant will be invited to submit a second stage application. If more funding is made available, there may be a subsequent round of stage 2 applications.
They are working in partnership with an organisation called Umi Commercial Ltd to deliver the scheme. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact them on 0330 124 7696 or email WYCACOVID19@weareumi.co.uk
Please note that the York & North Yorkshire Growth Hub will not be able to answer individual questions regarding eligibility and the selection process. Please contact Umi directly using the details above.
To be eligible, your business must:
- have fewer than 250 employees
- be in a European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) eligible sector. This specifically excludes:
- Fishery and aquaculture
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Construction or decommissioning of nuclear power stations
- not be part of a franchise
- have a trading address within West or North Yorkshire
- have been trading for at least six months
- have a business bank account
Your project must:
- be for an activity that takes place after grant approval and contracting
- not be for purchasing of equipment and consumables associated with PPE and social distancing measures
- be completed, fully paid for and claims submitted by the end of January 2021