You currently have JavaScript disabled. This site requires JavaScript to be enabled. Some functions of the site may not be usable or the site may not look correct until you enable JavaScript. You can enable JavaScript by following this tutorial. Once JavaScript is enabled, this message will be removed.

Why choose HGH?

Personal Tax Account

Posted: 6th Jul 2018 by Robert Salenius Making Tax Digital, Taxation
Personal Tax account

Personal Tax Account

Your personal tax account helps you to manage your tax affairs online.

It’s safe, personalised, and brings together all your tax information in one place.

You can set one up by following this guidance:-

What you can do with your personal tax account

You can:

  • check and change your address
  • see what tax code you’re on, and how your tax is calculated
  • check your state pension and your National Insurance record
  • manage your Child Benefit payments

The self-employed, and persons in self-assessment

If you’re self-employed, or you’re in self assessment for other reasons, you can use your personal tax account to:

  • find out what your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) is for self-assessment
  • view or print your self-assessment tax calculation (known as the SA302)
  • notify HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) if you stop being self-employed
  • view your Annual Tax Summary
  • apply to reduce self-assessment payments on account when your profits or other income goes down

The employed  

If you’re employed, you can use the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) section of your personal tax account to do the following:-

  • see an estimate of the income tax you are likely to pay in the current year (starting April 2018) and next year (starting April 2019)
  • check how your income tax has been calculated, and against which source of income it will be payable
  • check the earnings your employer(s) have told HMRC about, including details of the tax you’ve paid and National Insurance contributions you’ve made each month-to-date in the current tax year, and for all 12 months of the previous tax year (starting April 2016)
  • claim a tax refund:
    • if you have overpaid income tax in the 2016/17 tax year, or earlier tax years
    • if you have flexibly accessed a pension payment
  • claim tax relief on employment expenses

State pension

In the ‘State Pension’ section of your personal tax account you can:

  • find out how much State Pension you could get (this amount is also known as your State Pension forecast), when you can get it, and how to increase it, if you can

National Insurance

In the National Insurance section of your personal tax account you can:

  • check your National Insurance record to see if you have any gaps in your National Insurance records

Child Benefit

If you receive Child Benefit, you can use your personal tax account to:

  • report changes that affect your child benefit
  • opt out of Child Benefit if you or your partner do not want to incur the High Income Child Benefit Charge

Other services

You can also use your personal tax account to:

Contact us:

For more information please contact:,,, or call 01904 655202

Find out more:

12 Top Tips for Tax Planning