Welcome to our Winter edition of Making a Difference with a round-up of the latest news.
- We all know that talking about the weather is a pre-requisite if you live in the United Kingdom. Rain has been in abundance this year, but how are businesses weathering the Brexit storm? Check out our 5-step crisis planning article.
- Cloud Accounting has certainly disrupted and transformed many industries over the past several years, allowing businesses to operate more efficiently, cut costs, and amplify results. We speak to clients Philip and Anne Roberts about how Xero Cloud Accounting has helped their farming business to thrive. Say goodbye to storing paperwork and entering data with our new Xero App, Receipt Bank, helping you save time and money with less manual entry.
- A New Year is a great time to consider your goals and financial plans going forward and 2020 should be no different. One of your new year’s resolutions may be to take control of your finances. If you are considering using an independent financial adviser and would like some tax planning advice to get ahead, see our tax planning tips to get you in shape for 2020.
- If you offer ‘perks’ or ‘benefits in kind’ to your employees we tell you everything you need to know about trivial benefits and ways of providing non-taxable benefits to help incentivise your team.
- The Hunter Gee Holroyd team have once again enjoyed Making a Difference to the local community by hosting a Charity event for local businesses in aid of Martin House Children’s Hospice. We also welcome new recruit, David Avery, who joins us as a Client Manager.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2020.
Nigel Atkinson | Director