We are delighted to announce that we are now a member of York Cares.
York Cares is a local, independent employee-volunteering charity, which brings businesses, employees and communities together to make York a better place.
York Cares is supported by around 40 of York’s businesses, who encourage their staff to volunteer their time and skills for the benefit of the city. The aim is to make York a better place to live and work. In return, employees benefit from personal and professional development, including team-building and leadership skills.
York Cares work closely with City of York Council and York CVS to develop projects in response to evidenced community need. Helping those who need it most. They are a member of the People Helping People volunteering partnership for the city and work in a collaborative way with key city leaders to respond to city challenges.
- engaging disadvantaged children in learning
- inspiring young people to work harder and aim higher
- supporting charities to generate new income
- providing supported work experience opportunities for care experienced young people
- helping to improve the well-being of local older people
- improving the physical environment of our city
We are looking forward to working with York Cares to put together our volunteering programme for 2022.
To find out more, visit www.yorkcares.co.uk